‘Bhatti Ka Murgh’ is an authentic Punjabi dish admired by chicken lovers all over. Prepare this delectable appetizer recipe for yours and astound everyone with your culinary skills. This snack recipe is made by marinating chicken pieces in hung curd, roasted onion paste and a melange of spices. This juicy and aromatic delight is best enjoyed with mint chutney. If you are planning to host a party, try this star recipe and gather applause.
The ingredients for two portions of this recipe are spring chicken (800gms), ginger(100gms), garlic(100gms), hang curd(200gms), coriander leaves(15gms), tandoori garam masala (5gms), kashmiri chilli powder (5gms), lemon juice (2gms), orange-red colour (2gms), jeera powder (2gms), kasoori methi (3gms), mustard oil (2gms), dry mango powder (2gms), salt (2gms), black salt (5gms) and chat masala (2gms)
- Grind the chopped coriander and other marinade ingredients (except yoghurt) to a smooth paste in a food processor. Keep some coriander aside for garnishing later.
- Pour the above mix into a large bowl and add yoghurt. Combine them well with a rigorous mix. Add the chicken pieces and mix again. Cover the bowl and refrigerate. Allow the marinate to stay overnight.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers and keep ready.
- Preheat the tandoor, oven, or grill to a medium-high temperature.
- Place the skewers on the grill racks in your oven with a tray underneath to catch dripping. Roast open till the chicken is deeply browned on all sides and is tender.
- Remove the chicken from skewers and plate it.
- Put the onion rings in a separate bowl and squeeze lime juice over them. Now sprinkle the chaat masala over them to coat the onions overwhelmingly.
- Garnish the Chicken Tikka with these onion rings and serve hot with the mint chutney or sauce.